Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Foods I Want to Eat Weekly

I love listening to Dr. Mehmet Oz. He and Christian Northrup, Jonny Bowden and others are my favorite nutritional/health gurus.

Dr. Mehmet Oz has a great list of foods that have made his Hall of Shame and his Hall of Fame. I have looked for this list so many times that I'm going to make a permanent note of each of them.


Hall of Shame Foods
Sugar
High fructose corn syrup
Enriched wheat flour (white flour)
Saturated fat (like lard that is solid at room temperature)
Hydrogenated oil

Hall of Fame Foods
Olive oil
Garlic
Tomatoes (eat with a little olive oil or raw nuts to digest the lycopene better)
Spinach
Raw nuts
Pomegranates



These Hall of Fame Foods sound great to me. I want my own list of foods that I want to eat each and every week. They include what Dr. Oz has listed above along with a few others.

  • Olive oil
  • Garlic
  • Tomatoes
  • Spinach
  • Raw nuts
  • Pomegranates
  • Blueberries
  • Ginger
  • Onions
  • Cinnamon
  • Lemons/limes
  • Grapefruit
  • Apples
  • Broccoli
  • Salmon

I think those foods would be a great start towards eating better and healthier foods each week. Now if I can just build a menu that surrounds them.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails