Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Two Nights of Sleeping Like a Baby

I've never had much of an issue with getting to sleep. In fact, most of my life has been spent wishing I could sleep more. I've easily been able to sleep 9-10 hours most nights and sometimes wished for more like 12 hours of sleep a night.

Enter two years ago. I moved out into my very own place for the first time. From that moment, my sleep began to get a bit skeewampus. No one was around going to bed, so I was the only one setting the bedtime routine. I was sleeping in a big house by myself and that made me a bit nervous. I started watching TV late in the evening to bypass some of those nerves. And thus began a rather nasty routine of going to bed late, sleeping in late, or just not getting much sleep. It has not been pretty.

One thing I did notice about my sleep when I was on the 6WBMO plan three years ago was that the better I ate and the more I exercised, the less sleep I needed. Meaning I could sleep for eight hours and I felt better than I did before when I wasn't eating well or exercising and I was getting 9-10 hours of sleep.

So, I know my sleep is affected by how much movement I get and what I am eating.

Enter the last two nights. I have slept like a baby. Meaning not only that I slept plenty of hours, but when I woke up I was alert and happy and felt gooooooooooood. There is something magical about that kind of sleep. Magical, special and appreciated.

Thank yoooooooooo, body. I'm thrilled with this latest development. Let's keep it up!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails