Tuesday, March 3, 2009

Day 51: Exercise Your Demons

So, how has the exercise been going the past 51 days? Well, it has been improving. My goal is to be exercising 5 to 6 days a week for up to an hour a day. Right now, I'm at about 3 times a week for 30 to 40 minutes. Which is a definite improvement over the big ZERO times a week that I was doing it previously.

So, yes the exercise is starting to get its groove on in my life.

The best part about exercising now is that it doesn't hurt as much. It took a few weeks for exercise to quit being such a hard thing. Now, I start to feel good when I exercise. I kind of crave it. My body moves with more fluidity and it is easier to stretch and bend and do things. I'm still rocking life at 315 pounds but it is different when you are on your way down the scale than when you are on the way up. Things just feel better all around. When I'm on the way up the scale, I could weigh 250 pounds but it feels like 350 pounds may feel when I'm on my way down the scale.

I'm not sure if that made sense. Suffice it to say that when I'm going in a good streak, when the food that is fueling my body is good food and when all the wheels are turning in my body and the energy is going up and up and up and the scale is going down, well all of that is much easier than the other side of the coin when I can't stop my body from piling on 20 pounds a month and every joint aches and I feel tired and swollen and awful every moment of every day. That is not a good state to be in.

I'm just thrilled exercise is feeling good right now.

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails