Friday, March 27, 2009

Day 75: Lunchtime

Okay, so I did it again today. I struggled with the eating thing. Meaning I struggled with making sure I was eating regularly. 

It started a week or so ago. I just quit eating breakfast, then lunch, then I would come home from work very, very hungry and I would make something and eat. That eating would usually last for two or three hours as I cooked and ate and cooked and ate some more. I'm trying to get out of that very bad habit because when I eat late, I wake up the next morning unwilling to eat breakfast. Then I don't pack lunch and try to make it on nuts or apples at work. Then I come home starving and cook again and the whole cycle starts all over again. So, last night I was starving again and I didn't really want to cook so I ended up snacking on chicken, hard-boiled eggs and strawberries when I was helping my mom with a dinner she was doing and then I came home and made a spinach smoothie. This morning I made a smoothie again. 

Not enough. 

I went to work too without packing a lunch again. When the hunger completely overwhelmed me I decided to jaunt down to the health food store. This is what I came back with: 

1. spinach
2. Amy's Lentil Vegetable soup
3. apples
4. sliced almonds
5. canned wild salmon
6. squeeze bottle of canola mayo

So, I came back to work and mixed up the salmon with the mayo and put it on top of the spinach with some sliced apples and almonds. Then I warmed up the veggie soup too. All in all, I'm very happy, pleasantly full and the prospect of cooking and eating looks like so much fun. 

Something about routinely starving makes me anxious and unhappy about prepping food. But once I've gone through all the work of cooking and eating, I can't wait to do it again. 

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails