Saturday, April 4, 2009

Weigh In: April 4, 2009

Weight: 305 pounds
Chest: 53.5 inches
Waist: 48 inches
Hips: 54.5 inches

I'm still not doing so well with my goal to only weigh once a week. I recommitted to it yesterday while I was exercising and then I came home and went to climb in the shower and decided to weigh myself right then. Imagine my extreme surprise when the scale registered 302 pounds. That was a happy dance in the extreme because just the day before the scale had been saying 310 and 311 pounds. I was excited to see that number. I was just hoping it would stick around long enough to hold court here today. 

It didn't quite stick but really, I'm okay with that. I have a feeling it will be here very soon. I'm getting excited for this milestone. Under 300 pounds. There is a lot of terrain to cover in the 200s, but it is all exciting terrain to me. 

My focus for the month of April is to see if I can drop 20 pounds this month by tracking my food intake (and timing) and tracking my exercise. My food goals are to eat every 2 1/2 to 3 hours with a mix of protein, veggies, fruit and monounsaturated fats. I also want to up my exercise to one hour for six days a week. 

Now, I'm not going to cry if I don't make that goal as long as I keep exercising and eating well. I just want to see what I can do by upping the exercise more and being more diligent about eating often and not starving myself. I may even exceed my own expectations. 

Since January I've been losing about 10 pounds a month. I'm happy with that. I just think by paying more attention and upping the exercise, I can do even better. 

We shall see, we shall see. 


No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails