Wednesday, April 29, 2009

What Do You Eat When You Are Stranded in a Strange City?

I got home today from my trip about 12 hours later than planned. My initial flight was delayed and I missed my connecting flight in Detroit so the airline put me in a motel for the night and I flew out this morning. 

Once I knew I was staying the night in the city I was not too worried. The only thing that worried me was what I was going to eat. I didn't get to the hotel until 8:30PM and once I settled in my room, I went out to find some food. The only place open in the hotel was a bar. I purchased a small steak with double veggies. The steak was sub par and the veggies were from a frozen mix. They at least abated the hunger. 

The next morning once I arrived at the airport I found a little cafe where I ordered some eggs and sausage and bought some fruit. Not the highest quality food but the best I could do under the circumstances. I still had some almonds for the plane and I found some roasted pumpkin seeds as well at one of the airport stores. That kept me satisfied until I got home around noon today and could make myself a blueberry smoothie--yummm! Then I ate some eggs too. I had nothing else in my fridge at home. 

So, the story is: I survived 12 hours in a strange city without access to great food. I maneuvered through the problems and came out on top. Yes!

No comments:

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails